Apple recently released a new iPad air. The 5 generations new iPad comes with an edge-to-edge display and without the home button.
It has no home button or Touch ID built-in power button instead. The lack of a home button means that some features and features are different from older iPads, such as restarting, shutting down, and forcing restart methods.
How to shutdown/ Restart Ipad Air 5?
- Press and hold the power button and the volume up or down key until the slide appears.
- Slide your finger next to the slide on the screen to lock the iPad.
- When it is turned off, press and hold the power button up until the Apple icon appears.
To start the Apple iPad Air after it is turned off, press and hold the power button again until the Apple icon appears and after a few seconds, the tablet will start.
However, You can also turn off your iPad Air by opening the Settings application, selecting General, and then selecting Down.
How to Force Restart Your iPad Air 4 or 5?
- Press and release the volume up key immediately.
- Press and release the volume down key immediately.
- Press and hold the power button up until a restart.
All the gestures used on the iPad Air 5 are the same as the gestures used on the iPad mini 6, iPad Air 4, and iPad Pro, and you can also follow these same steps to lock or restart the iPhone without the home button, with one small adjustment: You will need to hold the Side button to the right because there is no high power button.
After you follow the steps outlined above, the Apple iPad Air 5 will restart. The same procedure applies to iPad Air 4, iPad Mini 6, and iPad Pro. For devices that do not have a home button, hold the sidebar instead of the power button. I hope you will find a solution after reading this article.